Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

2010 in Music

Per tradition, I've put together my 2010 playlist.

It was harder than I expected, because I listened to less music than usual this year.  No cooking in a kitchen, no hanging out with friends, none of the typical activities that call for music.  On long bus rides, I listened to podcasted radio shows from NPR.  It made me feel like I was connected to the United States somehow.

I'm not thrilled with the result, but overall, this is what 2010 sounded like.

January:  Bad Romance - Lady Gaga*
February:  Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
March:  Windy City Nights - The Winter Sounds
April:  Blessed - Brett Dennen
May:  Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes
June:  Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti and Spearhead
July:  Go Do - Jónsi
August:  To the Ghosts Who Write History Books - The Low Anthem
September:  Present/Infant - Ani DiFranco
October:  Waiting - The Cat Empire
November:  Rengarenk - Sertab Erener
December:  The Sea Is a Good Place To Think of the Future - Los Campesinos!
*Oh yes I did, and oh no I'm not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment