Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In Memory of Jon Traylen

When Dave and I were living in New Zealand, we worked at a permaculture and outdoor adventure project run by Jon Traylen.


I greatly appreciate the opportunities that Jon provided for Dave and I.  Our extended time in New Zealand was possible only because we worked with Jon.  Not only that, but Jon's vision of a self-sufficiency and sustainability has influenced our dreams about how we wish to live our lives.


Jon passed away unexpectedly on October 26, 2010.  He leaves behind his partner and two sweet doggles (and his mother, I think).  If you are reading this message and you can spare a moment, please send them healing thoughts/ energy/ prayers/ whatever you believe in.

If you haven't told your family and friends that you love them today, what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, any idea how this happened? I was in hospital back in the year of 2010 (motorbike accident) and if I am not mistaken Jon had an accident with a whale while kayaking or something...I really can't recall from memory what has happened as I was already trying to survive myself. Does, anyone know any details?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marianna,
    That sounds like an adventure that Jon would have gotten into - but that is not how he passed away. I don't believe that the family has shared details publicly, and I would like to respect their privacy. The loss of Jon was a tragedy, and he is still missed.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete