Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Updates from Central America

Greetings from Nicaragua! And Happy Easter!

With everything closed for Easter yesterday, I had a chance to write about how things are going here in Central America. The posts are pretty long, so if you want the short story: it's SO HOT, the food is tangy, Spanish school was a good language review, I miss Dave, and holy SMOKES is it HOT here.

More details? Ok. Holy Week in Granada, Nicaragua. Nicaragua Mia (The Gringa Learns Spanish). Nico Lives Like a Nica. That should keep you busy for a while.

Oh, and here are some photos:



From here on out: wow, I've actually got a bit of a plan!

On Tuesday (4/10) after morning classes, I'm heading to EstelĂ­, a town in the highlands north of Managua toward the Honduran border where I hope it won't be so bleeping hot.




View Larger Map


From there, I have one week to make my way to Guatemala City via Honduras and/or El Salvador. I could either take the faster buses via Tegucigalpa (a week seems like too much time for this route) or the chicken buses via Honduras to El Salvador to Honduras again (a week doesn't seem like enough time for this route). Haven't quite figured out that part yet.

And on Wednesday, 4/18... drumroll please...

Dave will be joining me for three weeks in Guatemala together! We just finalized our tickets yesterday morning, and I am So Psyched. It's been a long week without him.

We are returning to the USA on 5/10.

Them's the updates. I'll blog more at some point... it's easier than writing lots of different emails, and if you're not interested, you don't have to read. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment