Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ukraine, Insane!

Flying between Tel Aviv and New York, Davo and I found a flight with a 25-hour, New Year's Eve layover in Kiev, Ukraine.

Oh hell yeah.

Here's what I saw in my 25 hours in the Ukraine:

Some really cool, beautiful architecture...  the buildings were lit up beautifully at night...  which is pleasant, because it gets dark at, like, 4:00 p.m. there.

OMG alcohol is SO cheap!!!  We splurged and went for the 750 mL bottle of vodka that cost a full 46 hryvnias ($5.75).  The guy in the store said it was good.  He was right.

Lots of furry hats.  And drinking. 

I started figuring out the Cyrillic alphabet really quickly.  Guess all the practice learning different languages in the past year actually made a difference!  This is the first sign I figured out.  It says, "De Niro."

Independence Square was a great place to ring in the New Year.  Lights, music, snow, booze!  The Ukrainians weren't particularly animated, though--Davo and I were the only two dancing fools in the crowd.

The perfect random, adventurous, fun, extraordinary end to a random, adventurous, fun, extraordinary year.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment